Chemical Peels in Long Island, NY
Facial surgery and dermal fillers cannot help with flaws on the surface of your skin. Men and women in Long Island, Queens, and surrounding communities in New York with these types of aesthetics problems may want to consider a chemical peel by Eunice E. Park, MD, a dual board-certified facial plastic surgeon and ear, nose, and throat (otolaryngology) specialist.
What are Chemical Peels?
Facial surgery, dermal fillers and injectables may help with lines, wrinkles, folds and other concerns, but these options cannot help with issues on the surface of your skin. Dr. Park may recommend a chemical peel to improve the texture and tone of your skin. A chemical peel is a special combination of chemicals that are applied to the skin and allow to work for a specific amount of time. Dr. Park may recommend a:
- Light peel to exfoliate the skin and help with rough skin and uneven skin tone
- Medium chemical peel for fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and certain types of growths on the skin
- Deep chemical peel for sagging, scars, advanced discoloration and age spots
Benefits of Chemical Peels
Chemical peels help with:
- Sun damage
- Mild sagging of the skin
- Acne scars
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Rough skin
- Uneven skin tone and color
- Age spots
Am I a Candidate for Chemical Peels?
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should wait to have their chemical peels. The procedure will not help with severe sagging, broken capillaries and deep wrinkles and folds. Dr. Park may recommend facial surgery before having your chemical peel.
What to Expect from Chemical Peels
During your chemical peel, we apply a combination of chemicals that is determined by the type of problem that is being treated. The skin is cleansed and prepared, and then the chemicals are applied. The chemicals remain on your skin for a period of time, less than 15 minutes. A neutralizing solution is applied to stop the chemical process. Your skin is then cleansed, and a moisturizer may be put on the skin.
- A light chemical peel requires no downtime, but your skin may be sensitive to sunlight. Medium and deep chemical peels may take one to three weeks to heal. Your skin may peel and scab during this time.
- Light chemical peels can be repeated monthly. Medium and deep chemical peels should be performed less often, and you may need to wait several months or one year.
- Chemical peels do not stop the aging process, so you will need to take care of your skin to maintain the results.
How Much Do Chemical Peels Cost in Long Island, NY?
We provide an estimate after your consultation. Payment can be made by cash, check, and major credit cards.
Chemical peels help with cosmetic concerns that cannot be remedied with facial surgery and dermal fillers. If you live in Long Island, Queens and surrounding communities in New York and would like to learn more about chemical peels, contact us to schedule a personal consultation.