Who doesn’t love to spend their summer days outdoors? While it’s certainly great to take advantage of beautiful summer weather, the hot sun during this time of year can do its damage to the skin. Sun rays actually hard the skin and can lead to the development of wrinkles, freckles and even sunspots. Fortunately, there are a few non-surgical methods of rejuvenating skin once it has been affected by the sun’s destructive rays. And, other ways of easy skin care rejuvenation to have yourself feeling swimsuit ready even after the summer rays die down.
Ways to Rejuvenate the Skin After the Summer Season
- Ultherapy®: The sun can certainly speed up the skin’s aging process. One of the most significant signs of this aging process is when skin cells lose their elasticity. When elasticity is reduced, skin no longer retains its youthful, firm appearance. The result is drooping skin. Ultherapy® works to stimulate skin cell elasticity which may have been damaged by the sun’s harmful rays.
- Injectables: UV rays cause the skin to dry out and crease, creating wrinkles and fine lines. Fillers are injectable solutions which help to soften crow’s feet, laugh lines, and other aging lines prompted by the sun’s heat.
- Kybella®: A type of injectable, this FDA approved solution actually targets and destroys fat cells around the neck and chin. This helps to define the jawline and reduce the image of a double chin which many may experience with age.
- Chemical Peels: If you’re looking to soften the effects of aging on the face such as fine lines, wrinkles, and scarring, a chemical peel is an effective solution. Traditionally, these treatments work to remove the most superficial layers of skin, revealing an even, fresh surface.
- Microneedling: This treatment uses the body’s own immune system to promote anti-aging properties. By creating tiny micropores in the skin, microneedling works by stimulating collagen and elastin production. These natural components of healing are also what make skin cells appear more youthful. Thus, rejuvenating the skin’s appearance of aging .
- Skin Laser Therapy: Sun damage and age lines can be targeted by skin therapy lasers to promote new, healthy regrowth. While there is some recovery, this therapy is extremely effective and surprisingly pain-free.
Want to Rejuvenate Your Skin After the Summer Sun?
Ready to erase the damage of the hot, summer sun? Contact Dr. Park about your skin rejuvenation treatment today.